RECIPE OF THE MONTH: Date Balls
A healthy, sweet snack to have as an afternoon pick me up or a wholesome desert.
- 2 cups dates (Medjool dates are best) coarsely chopped
- 1 handful desiccated coconut plus Extra coconut for coating
- 1 tsp fennel seeds – ground into a powder
- ½ tsp cardamon powder
- 4 drops vanilla essence/ fresh vanilla
- In small saucepan place dates and coat with water – ½ cup should be enough.
- Add fennel, cardamon & vanilla essence. Cook on medium heat until dates are mushy and water has been absorbed.
- Add coconut and stir through. Using a fork mash the date mixture.
- Roll into small balls and coat in coconut.
- Makes approx. 20 date balls. You can keep the date balls refrigerated.
For any questions about this recipe, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org