Winter Survival Kit
With the colder months upon us, there is always something 'going around', so increase your body's lines of defence and immunity by reading our Winter Survival Kit and stay healthy this season!
Our top tips for Winter wellness:
1. Get your daily dose of anti-inflammatory, immune boosting goodness. Take ginger, cinnamon & turmeric Tea.
· Recipe: Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan; add ¼ tsp turmeric, ¼ tsp dry (or fresh) ginger, and ¼ tsp cinnamon (optional). Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain tea into a large glass; add honey for sweetness and/or a lemon wedge.
2. Eat warming foods such as soups, slow cooked meals & take porridge for breakfast.
3. Be consistent with exercise. Ideally exercising to break a sweat is best in the winter months. Try a studio or gym so you are not battling with the weather (or using it as an excuse!)
4. Prevention is key - book an appointment with our health practitioner to ensure your immunity is in check. She can look at your diet and lifestyle then recommend an individualised treatment plan to boost winter wellness. She is available to chat via Skype so no matter where you are you can connect.
· Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Treat yourself to a Massage – a great way to support immunity, stimulate the lymphatic system and to ease any winter aches and pains.
6. Acute cold and flu supplements - don't suffer, natural herbs and vitamins can help you overcome the dreaded lurgy in no time. Your health practitioner can make you up an herbal tincture specifically for your symptoms. Or pop down to the local health food store and dose up on Vitamin C and Zinc.
7. Meditation and Rest – the number one remedy to not only boost immunity and prevent colds and flues, but also help you recover quickly if you do fall ill. Take the time to pause and move to a deep state of rest – this is when our immune system is strongest. Ensure you get your twice a day meditation in.
Author: Tegan Wallis
Tegan is an Naturopath, Ayurveda Health Consultant and Yoga Teacher at Griffith Consulting's sister company, Veda Wellness.
Tegan is one of Griffith Consulting's key program facilitators and specialises in workplace health & wellness.
For more information about Tegan or her services, please go to: www.vedawellness.com.au