LOOKING INTO THE PERSONALITY '8' TYPE
TYPE 8 - THE LEADER
Also called the Boss, Protector, Asserter, Challenger
Focus upon power and control over their immediate environment, relationships and
Psychological defence is to provide protection and strength and to be in control.
Often personally strong and assertive and can be forceful and direct.
Sometimes use confrontations with others to establish the truth or identify weaknesses in others.
Loyalty and honesty are highly valued.
Can experience life as a fight against injustice.
Once crossed, they remember and react to wrongs against themselves and others they care about.
Often take a no-nonsense practical approach.
Highly protective and supportive of people they care about or lead.
STRATEGIES FOR DEVELOPMENT FOR TYPE 8
· Notice and reduce intensity and moderate impact on others.
· Experience and express vulnerable feelings.
· Move to point 2 relax point. Ask: “What am I feeling and how can I express this authentically?
· Self-observe, forgive and forget.
· Let go - allow control to be with others.
· Think before acting.
· Reduce your intensity, remember the impact on others of your strength.
· Stop and really listen to others.
· Learn to compromise.
· Be powerful but gentle.
· Don’t overdo” to the point of exhaustion.
· Pay attention to the body language of others.
Daily activity: Take care of yourself physically, slow down your impulse to rapid action, share your feelings of vulnerability and recognise this as a strength, not a weakness.
Author: Veronica Lunn
Veronica has had significant experience working with large and small organizations, industry groups and individuals, providing workshops, seminars, forums and one on one coaching. With a strong background working with local government and state government, as well as the private sector, Veronica is an accredited Enneagram practitioner and teacher and brings high level facilitation and relationship skills to Griffith Consulting.
For more information about Veronica or the Enneagram, please contact us here, today.